Sunday 24 March 2013

You're The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With


You're The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With – Jim Rohn

By: Yasmin Razack
limitlesswomen.ca

Does this include children? Does the motivational speaker Jim Rohn include mothers who have children, especially younger children, in his conclusive thought?

If so, I am the average age my two kids aged 1 and 3 respectively, my husband, twin sister and parents- does this put me behind the pack?

I thought about this and wanted to know the thoughts of other women out there because I think it is foolish to believe this idea especially if you are not in a position to cultivate an inner network of relationships that supports and influences“ self-esteem, way [you] think and our decisions”.
# 2 + 3 Mom and Sister

My rock #1 Husby




Grandpa # 4

Kamea + Khyam (5+6) P.S These are in NO order!

I was cleaning up barf for half the weekend and then trying to get over my own symptoms that I caught from my son. Therefore most of the time, when I am sharing my life goals it is always with people who understand the issues of being a working mom. As a result I keep the five people in my family because I know they understand the importance and value I place on my family. Don’t get me wrong, all of my top 5 people are fabulous, intelligent, highly successful people but I couldn’t help but think…

I am thinking about this as I am reading Cheryl Sandberg’s fascinating new book Lean In. It has made me think of how limiting my own thoughts can be or have become in this (fairly) new, ever evolving identity called:

Mother

What are you thoughts? Does this hold us back as moms? Does this put us behind as working mothers, especially young mothers that do not have the support or time to build new relationships that can challenge us to think outside our roles as a: working mom?

 Yasmin Razack is a Personal + Professional Life Coach who works with women in transition to unlock their limitless potential in all aspects of life. For more information please visit limitlesswomen.ca or email her at yasmin@limitlesswomen.ca.

No comments: