Thursday 5 July 2012

Top 10 Reasons Why Women Need Girls Nite


Top 10 Reasons
Why Women Need Girls Nite
By: Yasmin Razack ~ limitlesswomen.ca


I truly never realized the value and importance of Girls Nite’s until I got married. It was when I suffered a horrible break-up prior to me getting married, when I began to really REALLY lean on my girls and we made a conscious effort to have Girls Nite’s no matter what.

After I got married (and got pregnant on my wedding nite!) I made a conscious effort to maintain my girls nite once a week, which became really difficult once the baby was born. If I missed a week or heaven forbid 2 weeks my husband would say, “Your acting really off….you need to see Sonia and Eboni”. Not that I didn’t know it myself, but it was in these moments of feeling “off” that I realized the importance of my Girls Nites, especially after marriage and a baby. Then came the 2nd child….

Have I maintained my Girls Nite? YES but I always want more, and they have become harder to maintain. I always say to my girls, “ I wish we were neighbours”. And then there are other girls that are part of my circle of friends I find an even harder time to squeeze in which makes my heart sad…

So I complied a Top 10 List of Why Girls Nite is Important to inspire women to maintain, build and most of all cherish their friendships by creating these valuable moments.

Top 10 Reasons
Why Women Need Girls Nite


10. You can tell everything that is on your mind to your girls without judgment:  I remember after my second child I did some CRAZY things to try and lose the weight and I told NO ONE but my girls who kept me check.  Couldn’t tell that to the husby….he woundn’t get it.

9. Laughter. Your girls can make you laugh no matter what. They don’t know the level of stress your job, kids, household duties, family drama etc etc are…GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN and one thing my girls and I do EVERY time we get together is LAUGH our a** off:)

8. Be Girls. We gossip about celebrity relationships like they are our best friends, talk about fashion with SUCH passion, show each other our latest purchases, do our nails together, share the new sexy lip gloss colour, decide collectively what our next haircut should look like. Click here for pic of Cameron Diaz I showed my friend Sonia for her latest do (which of course HAD to be supported by Eboni!)

7. Share Great Food and Great Wine. I remember after my first child we would take turns cooking and if I knew the night was NOT my night to cook I would be salivating ALL day to eat the food of Eboni and Soni. THEY WOULD THROW IT DOWN!! We ate like QUEEN’S!! Dania also introduced me to my new favourite wine J’Lhor which I highly recommend!

6.  You can cry. Yes, amongst the laughter there are tears and it just feels BETTER when you are around your girls crying. You get instant support and in the end you are armed with boatloads of advice to conquer that problem. Even if the advice is not what you want to hear, you gain a confidence to address your problem only your girls can give you.

5. Gratitude. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in your own life, your own problems and at girls nite everyone shares what they are going through. I often shake my head after our girls nite asking myself ‘what do I need to complain about” because everyone has their battles. Sharing perspectives will always allows you to have a deeper sense of gratitude.


4. You can be yourself. We are all walking contradictions, and in our lives we have to be careful on how we act, what we say ESPECIALLY AS WOMEN. Those rules are out the window for girls nite, not only can you burp/fart, be as loud and obnoxious as you want and you can SAY/DO whatever your heart desires. Because it’s Girls Nite. For a sample of our sayings click here…UMMMMMM JOKING! AS IF I WOULD POST THAT!!!

3. The Front Row. Remember “Who is in Your Front Row?”. Your girls are your cheerleaders, they should be always cheering you on; your dreams, desires and goals in life. Sometimes you need that reminder that you are a rock star and being around my girls I know I always feel like one and that I can accomplish anything. And you can do the same for them!

2. Inspiration. At Girls Nite I get to hear and see how HARD my girls work at being fabulous at their jobs and in their lives and I think WOW. It is so inspiring to hear these stories and it motivates me to become better in my respective roles in life.

1.     ANTI-STRESS DRUG OF CHOICE. To sum it all up, the natural high I feel at Girls Nite gives me strength, happiness, joy and laughter erasing any stress I may feel at that moment. And it last.  It takes a lot for me to ‘come down’ from my high off Girls Nite and I treasure each one because of the lessons I take away each time….

****YOU CAN TALK AND most of all LEARN ABOUT SEX IN WAYS YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU COULD!****
( I couldn’t rank this one….)


I feel truly blessed to have Girls Nite with different girls that have lasted over a span of 10 years ( BIG UP TO YORK GIRLS CREW!!) and some that have expanded to include other fabulous women.

So…when is your next Girls Nite?

Yasmin is a Personal and Professional Life Coach for Women who works with women to live their best life. For more information about Yasmin Razack, please visit limitlesswomen.ca or email her at yrazack@gmail.com




No comments: